Ways to protest

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ways to protest

Post  GSArora on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Theres already a solution thread, but a lot of that is technical solutions. How about protests, mass emails etc.
GSArora
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ways to protest

Post  R3DtheH3AD on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:07 pm

I said it once, i'll say it twice. Write your congressmen and senators!! or whatever the equivalents to those are for your country... It's SUPER easy! they do read them, and usually they write you a custom letter back telling you their stance on the whole thing and even what committees (if it is in a committee) are handling the proceedings. If it is in a committees hand, then swarm that committee with e-mails!!! there have already been two senators to be pressed into asking that ACTA be made public. they were denied, but each request is made public, thereby making ACTA more public.
R3DtheH3AD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GSArora on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Exactly. Like I've said multiple times, we should have one day where everyine sends emails to their governments.
GSArora
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R3DtheH3AD on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:11 pm

i can copy paste of list of e-mails for U.S. senators and congress by state.........
R3DtheH3AD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GSArora on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:14 pm

R3DtheH3AD wrote:i can copy paste of list of e-mails for U.S. senators and congress by state.........

How about a Faecbook Group?
GSArora
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R3DtheH3AD on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm

i would gladly join. personally already direct enough facebook sites. if you make it, we will come!
R3DtheH3AD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GSArora on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:20 pm

R3DtheH3AD wrote:i would gladly join. personally already direct enough facebook sites. if you make it, we will come!

Should I make the subject ACTA, or our newly founded Church? Joking! I'll post the link in a little while, unless our moderator would like to do the honors, wherever the hell he is?
GSArora
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Djtakedown on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:23 pm

STOP NOW!!!! as i said in another thread sending governments huge list of people who like pirating is F.ING STUPID
Djtakedown

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=11198527214758

Back to top Go down

Post  GSArora on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Djtakedown wrote:STOP NOW!!!! as i said in another thread sending governments huge list of people who like pirating is F.ING STUPID

...never thought of that. You just saved our asses man. You are now a Bishop. Congratulations.
GSArora
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Djtakedown on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Yeah well i thought we were all trying to stop the government passing a law that made it possible to find out who was pirating! i just don't think the best way to do that is by sending them a list of your names and addresses
Djtakedown

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=11198527214758

Back to top Go down

Post  GSArora on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Djtakedown wrote:Yeah well i thought we were all trying to stop the government passing a law that made it possible to find out who was pirating! i just don't think the best way to do that is by sending them a list of your names and addresses

I'm totally serious. The thought had not occurred to me. You really did make an awesome point.
GSArora
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R3DtheH3AD on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 pm

while facebook is obviously monitored, this thread is obviously a list or ppl who like to pirate. its titled

AntiACTA

For all the pirates to bitch and make plans

I made the decision years ago that i refuse to let my government make me live in fear. WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT. that is how its meant to be. shit in Britain they're regulated to a T but at the same time, their government is scared shitless of its people!!! you can live in fear and continue your everyday activities below the radar, or you can live your life freely on the road paved by our forefathers. I dont care if i end up in prison, or loose my job over standing up for what i know to be right. and i would VERY MUCH like it if we could continue thinking of ideas to protest
R3DtheH3AD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Djtakedown on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:28 pm

I agree they can monitor us this group facebook etc i just dont think a petition is the way forward! you see people made lots of jokes about the idiots who signed up to a petition in the uk to stop the government having databases of our personal info. you see the point? they didn't want the gov to have their names and addresses so they sent them a list of them! i just think a petition on this subject would face the same satirical coments wich eventually hurt the campaign and now we are trialling id cards in the uk (whoop whoop)

religion is one answer http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=111985272147582
and another good one would be to organise a world wide strike just for one day every pirate calls in sick would cost BILLIONS in tax etc
Djtakedown

Back to top Go down

Post  R3DtheH3AD on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:06 pm

ah shit! pirate skip day sounds AWESOME. even if "they" did realize that everyone who called in sick that day was a pirate, "they" still wouldn't be able to get the names of everyone who called in sick world wide. leaves some annonyminitityity! name a day and im sick! too bad may 1st is a saturday, coulda been a good day.

Laughing
I'll still gladly sign a petition tho. petition signatures is not submissable evidence in U.S. court, just saying you can't get hurt by signature alone.

and i would love to put piratology down as my religion! i can't wait to start seeing that on GI dogtags! (I hope you support your troops, cuz they support you!)
R3DtheH3AD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Djtakedown on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Mate im from the uk my troops suport you!!!! (JOKES) yeah im wearing a help for heros band right now and im good mates with some of the PWRR (cimic house "SNIPER ONE") i think we need LOTS more suport before any action is taken for it to have an impact and i think the next 48hours could be crucial to that suport join the church on FB its growing already!

What about may 4th for a walk out? as its star wars day already (as in "may the 4th be with you") unfortunately i cant do a walk out as im selfemployed but i wont declare my earnings for that day and screw them out of the tax anyway!
Djtakedown

Back to top Go down

Post  Djtakedown on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:18 pm

oh and in the uk a pettion has to have full name adress and signautre to be admissable
Djtakedown

Back to top Go down

Post  R3DtheH3AD on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 pm

lol i like it! For anyone who cares, May 1st, worldwide marijuana march. ok no more of that....

may 4th sounds great if we could rile up enough support. I'm not that well connected, but i will do my part, you can count on that Very Happy
R3DtheH3AD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Djtakedown on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:32 pm

I have a mini pot march every time i leave my house one of the best things about uk ive never been stopped questioned nothing but i do live in brighton our pigs are cool about everything like that!
Djtakedown

Back to top Go down

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:36 pm

R3DtheH3AD wrote:ah shit! pirate skip day sounds AWESOME. even if "they" did realize that everyone who called in sick that day was a pirate, "they" still wouldn't be able to get the names of everyone who called in sick world wide. leaves some annonyminitityity! name a day and im sick! too bad may 1st is a saturday, coulda been a good day.

Laughing
I'll still gladly sign a petition tho. petition signatures is not submissable evidence in U.S. court, just saying you can't get hurt by signature alone.

and i would love to put piratology down as my religion! i can't wait to start seeing that on GI dogtags! (I hope you support your troops, cuz they support you!)

Yes the pirate skip day sounds like the perfect way to enforce outr presence..
Imagine how much wouldnt work any more.. and what message it would convey.
Reminds me of what a guy said on TPB.
Quote from fight club
Hi. You're going to call off your rigorous investigation. You're going to publicly state that there is no underground group. Or... these guys are going to take your balls. They're going to send one to the New York Times, one to the LA Times press-release style. Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us.
Bit of a dramatisation.. but still.. having all of us lay down work for 1 day sounds great .. name the day and ill be sick

and to redhead: everyday is mariuana day Smile
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R3DtheH3AD on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Peanutt010 wrote:
and to redhead: everyday is mariuana day Smile

aw, shit. i try Very Happy
R3DtheH3AD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Djtakedown on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 pm

AGREED and epic qoute! posted it to the church but yeah we need help lots of help we have to get the good word out! please everyone invite everyone to the church and link to this forum from FB ask your torrent sight to run adds and post links to the ACTA the church and the forum we will only make an impact if everyone helps!
Djtakedown

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:50 am

seroiusly, write to your governments. they cant use a letter expressing a point of view on a law that may or may not be passed as the basis for a criminal case. the uproar over that would be unbelievable. its a democracy, so you have your right to say what you wish. if you let them take it from you, you may aswell live in china

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://antiacta.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

~Online Petition is up~

Post  TheTess on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:18 am

I just ran across this...

Stop ATCA Now!
http://www.petitiononline.com/stopatca/petition.html

Also, I was doing a google image search on "Anti ACTA", some very cool logos and pics already out there Wink

TheTess

View user profile http://twitter.com/TPBGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mairu on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:00 pm

I found this: https://secure.eff.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=383

At the bottom is a pre-written message that you can send your politicians. Judging by some of the words used in the article, it was probably made around 2008, but it should still work.

I would also like to take the opportunity (haha) to remind those in the USA that there is still such a thing as "State's Rights" and that if you can get the politicians in your state on board, they could write legislation against ACTA based on the fact that it is unconstitutional. From what little I've read from others on this (I really need to take the time to read the articles myself) the unconstitional part would be "unlawful searches and seizures".

The Enhanced ID act in the USA was blocked by this kind of legislation, and there are currently 38 or more states trying to block the Health Care reform law (yes it's been passed already, but it will take several years for it to go completely into effect) because according to these politicians, it forces citizens of their states to buy into it (literally, you're fined if you don't get insurance).

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/constitution/3054-states-act-to-block-federal-healthcare-mandates

Look, I'm not wanting to turn this into a debate about US health care, I'm simply using it as an example of what can be done here in the U.S. if you can get the attention of your state's congressmen/women.

Anyways... there was also a case from when Clinton was in office that he signed a trade agreement without consent of individual states (or something to that effect) with the U.N. (something to do with the WTO, or the fact that he signed an agreement with them in the first place) and while this agreement worked/ is working, it doesn't make it any less unlawful.

Since it was already signed and has been in effect for awhile, it's hard to overturn, but there have been efforts to do so.

Maybe those of us in America should start by following recourse for this that was laid down by our forefathers before resorting to anything else. If over half of America says no, then the rest of this legislation (ACTA) will fall down like a house of cards... because for something like this you have to have *everyone* on board, or it won't work.

Sorry I couldn't offer anything for anyone outside the U.S. Sad But maybe it will get some creative juices flowing?

Thx!

Mairu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R3DtheH3AD on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 am

When the people fear their government, their is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. -Thomas Jefferson
R3DtheH3AD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top