It's not really about piracy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's not really about piracy

Post  calvorin on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:03 am

If we make the argument about piracy, then we lose. Piracy is, at it's core, perceived as theft. I don't believe that it is, personally. But we will never convince others of that, especially using the word 'piracy'. That doesn't matter though, because this issue isn't about piracy. This is about freedom. If you make a stand for piracy, people will write you off. If you make a stand for liberty, free speech, privacy, and a strictly limited government, then you are not only a hero, but you have a lot of allies. If people here really want to make a difference, then find the political groups that stand for those things.

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's not really about piracy

Post  Djtakedown on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:14 am

yeah good point and very true the public arrgument on the ACTA should concentrate on the civil libs issue! The COP was set up to defend our right to do piracy if it goes through any member of the COP that gets arrested can claim imunity on the grounds of religion the COP is against the ACTA but it is not part of the public fight against it for fear of hurting the effort to ban the ACTA
Djtakedown

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=11198527214758

Back to top Go down

Post  azvareth on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:59 pm

I totally agree to that point of view:

The record industri get a lot of supporters by claiming that we wish to have harder rules because our artists that we represent loose alot of money, they can't live on their work.

In my country:
It does not matter that if you buy a record and you have store, if you are going to play that record in the store, you must pay two organisations a fee (it is true because we received two bills of this). So you pay the music industri money for the CD then you pay again, and the fact you are doing them a favour by promoting does not count.

In my country:
We also have a penalty tax, embeded in the price of removable media that goes to the record industri, still (but we pay for it) we are not allowed to copy media to it. That is like (in my opinion) that everyone that own a car suddenly should be obligated to pay an extra penalty tax, because you are not allowed to drive to fast, but you have the ability to do so.

Or for Americans so they understand: If you own a gun, you should automatically spent some time in jail because you have the ability to shoot someone.

But despite my pure logic and as you stated above this could not win over the public opinion, you need to paint a very black picture of what this surveilance technique and the right to crash everyones door might become in the future, with other politicians or with those who has the power now.

Assume a little boy was born in Germany today, his name was Hitler, He really could win people over for his cause, he get elected, and he litterally throws away the "democracy" (as we now it, I am not so sure it is worth the name democracy - but it is what we got), then he starts to track down all non wanted persons, cameras everywhere, automated phone surveilance, automated face recognition, scanner devices that can scan thru clothing...

He starts to hunt down those he think is a "weaker" specie, how many do you think would have escaped then? This little boy with only biological techniques destroyed aproximatily 6 Millions Jews, Stalin destroyed 4 more millions (but I am not sure if it was only [if I might use that word] Jews).

Just imagine what the "right" leader could do with all this technology, what an opportunity, finally human race could get ONE STRONG race that peacefully could live side by side.... or well some people from that race might have the wrong hair color so we better.... (and to scare the hell out of the middle class - the right leader is from Arabia)

When this have been accomplished, we have a strong race based on inbreeding.

I will stop here, this is not ALL a right leader could do, this is a worst case scenario...

azvareth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum