Movie Ticket Prices Going UP This Weekend!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movie Ticket Prices Going UP This Weekend!

Post  TheTess on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:34 pm

http://consumerist.com/2010/03/movie-ticket-prices-going-up-this-weekend.html

It has been all over the local news and on Fox News today. Movie ticket prices are going up this weekend and the surprising factor is, ticket sales are up 10% from this time last year. We have economies and goverments crashing all around the world. Hell some people where they live have no movie theater in there towns, cities, or country for that matter! And they wonder why we download movies???

Next thing you know they will be excepting blood donations at the theaters. lol Funny but not funny.
If Hollywood/ACTA/RIAA come after me, thats all they can get is my blood. I have nothing left and I will run over my laptop with my Jeep before I let them have it. People can barely afford to pay there bills anymore. Losing there homes. Crap, we just paid out a $400 electric bill and its a very small house. Yea, so hike up the prices and I will download MORE! If they want us to keep our sanity then give us a PRICE REDUCTION. Show us you care about the little people who made your movies popular and your stars famous! WE made Hollywood!

Sorry I am a little pissed. lol!

/Discuss...
/Vent...
/Raise hell!

TheTess

View user profile http://twitter.com/TPBGirl

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Ticket Prices Going UP This Weekend!

Post  calvorin on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:43 pm

If Hollywood wants to make more money, then they should stop paying actors such ludicrous salaries. We go to a movie, or buy a DVD, for the story, not for some actor. It's the easiest job in the world for Christ's sake. Hell, any of us that play RPGs do the same damn thing for fun!

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTess on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Something else...

How come DVR's are not illegal? I mean I record all of Dexter, Weeds, True Blood, etc, etc.
And last year I missed 2 episodes of True Blood so I downloaded them. Within the month I got a warning from my cable company and a copy of the complaint from HBO for downloading the True Blood episodes. Well what the hell?
My DVR lets me record and burn off on to DVD and my cable company offers there own DVR service. So what is the friggen difference how I got it? I used a different process to get the same show that I already subscribe to. If that ain't a double standard I don't know what is. lol

I just wonder will ACTA finally make DVRs, VHS, & TIVO finally illegal to use? How about making it illegal for satelite & cable companies to offer there DVR service? HBO should have directed there complaint strictly to the cable company for offering DVR service and/or letting me record the same shows with my DVR equipment.

As for RPG games, yea, I say we definately have more talent & imagination than Hollywood does Cool

TheTess

Back to top Go down

Post  GSArora on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:32 pm

If the movie companies have knowledge of ACTA, which I'm guessing they do, this should've been expected. Block off any illegal downloads, while raising the price No
GSArora
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calvorin on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:33 pm

wow... I downloaded that whole series and never had an issue.

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTess on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:21 am

GSArora wrote:If the movie companies have knowledge of ACTA, which I'm guessing they do, this should've been expected. Block off any illegal downloads, while raising the price No

Yep and the only evidence I had seen of that is that huge torrent website in Italy that was shut down this week.
I do think they have realized that for now, they can't do a damn thing about TPB! lol

Oh and about when they got me for the 2 True Blood episodes, they didnt get me for the movies that were downloading at the same time or a couple of other shows. lol Looks like that get on random trackers or were until the magnet links came out.
Not sure how they are trying to get around them. Can they do anything with magnet links?

TheTess

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkenmal on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:17 am

TheTess wrote:http://consumerist.com/2010/03/movie-ticket-prices-going-up-this-weekend.html

It has been all over the local news and on Fox News today. Movie ticket prices are going up this weekend and the surprising factor is, ticket sales are up 10% from this time last year. We have economies and goverments crashing all around the world. Hell some people where they live have no movie theater in there towns, cities, or country for that matter! And they wonder why we download movies???

Next thing you know they will be excepting blood donations at the theaters. lol Funny but not funny.
If Hollywood/ACTA/RIAA come after me, thats all they can get is my blood. I have nothing left and I will run over my laptop with my Jeep before I let them have it. People can barely afford to pay there bills anymore. Losing there homes. Crap, we just paid out a $400 electric bill and its a very small house. Yea, so hike up the prices and I will download MORE! If they want us to keep our sanity then give us a PRICE REDUCTION. Show us you care about the little people who made your movies popular and your stars famous! WE made Hollywood!

Sorry I am a little pissed. lol!

/Discuss...
/Vent...
/Raise hell!

Another reason only to see the MAJOR box office releases.

something like IRON MAN 2! Razz

Darkenmal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calvorin on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:00 am

Ticket prices going up doesn't affect me much personally. I haven't been to a movie theater since the first Transformers movie came out. It's not worth the money. I wait till they come out in Redbox. I actually don't pirate many movies. I feel $1 a night is a fair price and I'm happy to pay it. Mostly I pirate stuff you can't find there or, like you said in the True Blood example, things you forgot to set the DVR for.

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top