The point, I think, though it came kinda backwards in

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The point, I think, though it came kinda backwards in

Post  calvorin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:28 pm

I was just debating with someone and realized that we actually agreed completely. That, I think, is one of the key points here. Not about this piracy thing. This is a symptom, not the disease. This is a much larger social issue. This is about people vs. government. I'm a gun-totin', red-necked, hick. When I meet some urban, slick, business type, I don't naturally mesh with them (not saying you fit that, Peanutt... just picking a random opposite). But, honestly, what I'm finding is that I really do. We all want the same thing. We all want freedom. That is what this is all about. This is about freedom vs. control. I'm a US citizen, born and bred. My family has been here as long as there has been a US to be in. Freedom is what this country was founded upon. Too many of our 'leaders' have forgotten that. It is time to throw these assholes out. The Tea Party movement is a rising tide. I've never seen anger like this, in all my life. The one thing that I would ask everyone is to step up. Stand up and tell your government, wherever you are, that you will not accept domination. All people should be free. Dictators must be destroyed. We are rising up here in the US, and I hope with all my heart that we win.

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The point, I think, though it came kinda backwards in

Post  Admin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm

pretty wise words from a redneck hick there (just jokes)
its true though. even though im british, and we have a much stronger tradition of being owned, we all want to be able to do what we want. its just that we also all want some control, and thats why society has leaders. but at the end of the day, when people realise that the government needs them, this system will fall, just like all the ones before it.
but more to the point of the forum, it means that we are at an advantage over politicians, even though they have all the money, we have human nature

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://antiacta.motionforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Fully agreed.

Our main problem is we are all thinking the same (in bigger lines), but noone is saying it outloud.
Or we dont take the time to uderstand each other.
Also i think a lot of people dont seem to realize what this is heading to.

I am from The netherlands, wich used to be the place for the scum of the earth to join and live in complete freedom.
Lately i have seen this change to a controlling country in a matter of 6 years.
And i am not talking about piracy.

Most of this has been made possible by people that dont stick with the people that rise up against this.
Cause first we all want to stop it, but in the end its usualy a hand full of people that actualy fight the fight.
Wich has become unwinnable caus the system requires us to have a certain amount of people.
It seems like people already accepted their fate like lambs to the slaughter.

Lately it feels more and more like we are being pushed towards a certain outcome, i see laws erected to restrict freedom.
And if there is a law protecting a certain right i see counters being erected in the form of new laws and exceptions.
Not just in certain countries but world wide, those borders are just for show....
If you are not thinking like "the dictators" your against them and so you should be hunted down.
And so the vision of a nazi camp with tattood serial numbers comes into mind (soz if i offend some1 with this, its just how it feels and i have no other words that can discribe the harsh and dark feeling i am getting from this)
Including the public execution here and there to make sure the masses dont unite (jail sentances etc)

@ calvorin m8 no worry's im actualy kinda complimented by it Smile
also since you seem to feel that our world is in serious shit take a look at this forum: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/index.php
Its filled with simulair minded people (for the most part)... we are not alone! We just need to find a motivation/direction/reason to unite.
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calvorin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:13 pm

You're damn right we're not alone. There is a rising tide that is absolutely electric. When I went to my first Tea Party, it was like a revelation. I finally heard other people saying the things that I felt, but thought were taboo.

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:18 pm

your a tea partier? never thought id agree with one of them, but here i am, proved wrong. even if this is all that comes from this forum, ill be happy with that.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Epic win

Post  lilBeegs on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:31 pm

just found this through different links off PB and this is totally what i needed to hear after seeing the new 'Rule' if this works you guys could go down in history you do realise, or as a minority as is; we could go to jail, now all you need is advertising. as a British citizen that does not vote for all these ideas of freedom running through my mind everytime everyone goes off to cast their vote on which bellend gets to have his say in england this is an EPIC win.

B.

lilBeegs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 pm

welcome to the fight Smile
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Just a post worthy to this topic.
Direct quote from TPB
tkdempire at 2010-03-24 22:57 CET:
This 'law' is not infact a law, it is a statute, a statute is a rule. If you do not agree to these rules, then thats your choice, as human beings with living souls we are at the top of the 'food chain' no other human being is above another and these pricks and there 'rules' have no power over us. They just like to think they do. Find out more from Freeman on the land http://www.fmotl.com/forum/index.php
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  666madmike666 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:09 pm

You also know they're fighting with this "Law" against another law called the "Privacy Law" So they would be breaking a law to figure out if you broke a law in which case you could sue them for breaking into your privacy...
666madmike666
Admin

View user profile http://www.bluedragonz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:18 pm

i dont want to sound ridiculous, but im gonna keep downloading till they jail me. its not the just the piracy thing. like alot of others have already said, its a small step from here to a much larger censorship of our online freedoms, which are a huge issue in todays world. and obviously, at the end of the day, dont count on to many others to stand their ground. but that shouldn't stop you from doing it. it just makes it more important that you do.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  666madmike666 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Admin wrote:i dont want to sound ridiculous, but im gonna keep downloading till they jail me. its not the just the piracy thing. like alot of others have already said, its a small step from here to a much larger censorship of our online freedoms, which are a huge issue in todays world. and obviously, at the end of the day, dont count on to many others to stand their ground. but that shouldn't stop you from doing it. it just makes it more important that you do.

I´ll just keep downloading also, I live in Holland and the Government collapsed here due to an argument about something, I forgot which.
So this whole thing got put on hold for at least one year or two
666madmike666
Admin

View user profile http://www.bluedragonz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  calvorin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Admin wrote:your a tea partier? never thought id agree with one of them, but here i am, proved wrong. even if this is all that comes from this forum, ill be happy with that.

Hell yes I'm a Tea Partier! This is, actually, the entire point of the Tea Party. The movement is about limiting government. I hate government. I want the bare minimums. Make sure people don't murder each other and we're good to go. Actually, as long as I can carry my 9mm... .I'll take care of that part. The govt. can just watch the border. We'll be fine.

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:40 pm

666madmike666
I´ll just keep downloading also, I live in Holland and the Government collapsed here due to an argument about something, I forgot which.
So this whole thing got put on hold for at least one year or two

Im from holland too m8, and what you are refering to was about something someone said about his opinion 5 years ago.
For some reason this was wielded as the hammer to knock him out of the goverment.
This is what happens if you dont aggree with "their" way of thinking.

Unfortunately our queen as instigated a semi-demisionair cabinet, wich is allowed to make desissions on pressing matters.
And if it happens in 2 years it will be just as bad, just like what happend to smoking, paying to drive, child support, our pensions etc.
Though i have faith in the fact that our queen is the only sane factor in our goverment, and she would rather focus on normal problems.
it pains me to realize she only has a ceremonial role in things. I Know she realises like us what is happening but there isnt a damn thing she can do.
Its not for nothing multiple members of our goverment where slapped on the wrist by the queen for the "game" they are playing with us.
As mentioned before even the queen would need sufficient people to back her up, and needless to say most people slack at that.

Bringing us back to the shit we are neck deep in. We need to wake up people so they see what is gong on,
But how to get taken seriously? We will be ridiculed and made out for criminals (in case of piracy) or freaks/hippies in case of the whole agenda.
And lets face it. Once a paper or a news bulitain has stated a group of people is insane or bad this is generaly taken as the pre-programmed truth,
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calvorin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 pm

[quote="Peanutt010"]

But how to get taken seriously? We will be ridiculed and made out for criminals (in case of piracy) or freaks/hippies in case of the whole agenda.
And lets face it. Once a paper or a news bulitain has stated a group of people is insane or bad this is generaly taken as the pre-programmed truth,

I really feel like I'm living in a different world entirely from you.

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GSArora on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:48 pm

I think the first place we should start is with the younger generation. Basically, people aged 15-25. Ways to spread the word are pretty numerous, with things like Facebook, Twitter and blogs. Obviously there's going to be some people who think pirates ARE thieves and/or hippies, but that's inevitable. Finding a technical solution for the ALL of the many countries in ACTA would be challenging, wouldn't it? I'm not an IT Pro, but it seems like a daunting task.
GSArora
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calvorin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:50 pm

GSArora wrote:I think the first place we should start is with the younger generation. Basically, people aged 15-25. Ways to spread the word are pretty numerous, with things like Facebook, Twitter and blogs. Obviously there's going to be some people who think pirates ARE thieves and/or hippies, but that's inevitable. Finding a technical solution for the ALL of the many countries in ACTA would be challenging, wouldn't it? I'm not an IT Pro, but it seems like a daunting task.

There is no one on Earth that would call me a hippie... at least no twice.

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GSArora on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:53 pm

calvorin wrote:
GSArora wrote:I think the first place we should start is with the younger generation. Basically, people aged 15-25. Ways to spread the word are pretty numerous, with things like Facebook, Twitter and blogs. Obviously there's going to be some people who think pirates ARE thieves and/or hippies, but that's inevitable. Finding a technical solution for the ALL of the many countries in ACTA would be challenging, wouldn't it? I'm not an IT Pro, but it seems like a daunting task.

There is no one on Earth that would call me a hippie... at least no twice.

Awwww Sheeaaat, hardcore gangstars! lol, joking...unless I'm right.
GSArora
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:02 pm

lol

o and:
I really feel like I'm living in a different world entirely from you.
Move to holland, the land of the free -not-. You'll see what im talking about ... unfortunately
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imelza0 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:12 pm

So I just read this stupid ACTA agreement, and I agree with a bunch of other people completely - this is NOT CONSTITUTIONAL.

Here's a direct quote:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." - Fourth Amendment to the Constitution

That's from the Constitution! And, moreover, the government would not know someone had been pirating music if they hadn't been digging through the person's files int he first place! Which means that the whole 'probable cause' thing is void - they're searching your computer because they feel like it, which is AGAINST THE LAW!

I only started using TPB day before yesterday, which is the thing that really pisses me off, because now I know there's a better chance some idiot is tracking what I'm doing. It makes me sick.

The ONLY upside to this is that if they find you pirating music, the only thing the courts can do is issue you an injunction, which means they send you a letter telling you to stop. That's it. ONLY if you break the injunction can they make you pay and can they arrest you. All I can say is, before some idiot comes knocking on your door, know your rights, because you have them.

imelza0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:14 pm

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." - Fourth Amendment to the Constitution

Yep.. and this is what is causing the problems we are having with this.
It starts with the pirating..but where will it end......
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imelza0 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Here's more, from the Declaration of Independence this time:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

I'm pretty sure that that basically says that we have to give the government our consent to make our rules, and that we can not follow the rules if we find them to be against our natural rights. So, I know I didn't give the government permission to do this ACTA thing, so I'm going to ignore it.

imelza0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R3DtheH3AD on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Our biggest rising problem in America is FEDERAL TAKEOVER. It's been on the rise for decades, starting with the Federal Reserve and Central Banking System is more like it. Sadly, the Obama administration will surely enforce this act with all they've got. Obama thinks it's bad to smoke, so he taxes the hell out of tobacco. The head of EPA thinks humans shouldn't eat meat, so they try to tax, and rezone slaughterhouses, or mandate emissions specifically of slaughterhouses so as to manipulate us to eat the alternatives. And since WHEN does the federal government alot money to victims(that they arent responsible for!!) left and right?????? It's OBVIOUS the current administrations and agencies that right our laws have personal agendas on their minds rather than our constitutional rights, otherwise theyd be leaving all these "necessary tasks" to the individuals responsible! I.E. New Orleans would get the money from FEMA, NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. The HEALTHCARE tax would be paid for by the high insurance premiums for being a smoker, rather than a FEDERAL tax on all tobacco. and finally...
ACTA would be scrapped and if there needed to be a monitored and regulated internet, it would be so done by an individual internet provider!!! NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT! if you want a SECURE, government dictated internet filled with your current regimes propaganda, then you purchase THAT service from a provider like that. If you want a internet that is free in every sense of the word, then you purchase internet through the provider who offers that kind of internet with a guarantee. (guarantee backed by bad ass team of lawyers ready to defend your rights to the T)

blah blah blah im a hippy, you guys make great points, I love you, STAY ACTIVE AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS
R3DtheH3AD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:23 am

What might work, is if we wrote a letter/ article and sent it to some newspapers? im sure that someone would publish it. if we got our views out there, then it would be alot easier to find credibility in the mainstream. i mean, people will vote for racism, but not freedom? i think that might work. if anyone is good at writing, they could give it a go.
ill also try, but its my weakest spot. if someone wants to write something though, ill work tirelessly to get it out there.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:05 am

well, it seems from most of the views people are posting that the last thing we are is hippies. but we are thieves, according to current law, and thats whats wrong. the day i stop being criminalised for this is the day ill start buying music again. if only 'the man' realised that this isnt about us being cheap (well not entirely) and is more about the fact that we shouldn't have to pay for anything that isn't a physical object. and its not like the games or music industry are broke. singers and programmers still make a huge amount of money. which is wildly disproportionate to their impact on society

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brother Engine on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:58 am

I can't agree more with you guys. Before I started doing piracy (about 4-5 years ago), we never, ever, had such laws or rules push at us, we weren't rule free (I'm from the UK btw) but we still had pretty much as much freedom as we wanted on the internet. Now governments think they magically have the right to look through OUR PERSONAL information on the internet, which will, most likely, in tow, be able to the press (they ALWAYS get hold of stuff like this).

This breaches our natural rights, and breaks the Intentional Bill of Rights made by the United Nations.

Human Right 12. The right to privacy

I want my freedom, the one I have a right to as Human Being, the one, millions all over the world are being denied.

Brother Engine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top