Hotspot Shield

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hotspot Shield

Post  Darkenmal on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Similiar to Peer Block.

Haven't tried out Peer Block yet, but Hotspot Shield allows you to go to American sites (I'm Canadian) And allows me to watch my T.V. shows on NBC.

If I can fool big corporations like NBC with this tool, do you think the IP providers will be fooled as well?

http://hotspotshield.com/

Edit: Hotspot Shield actually gives you a DIFFERENT ip address, so just use this and some other poor smuck will get sued. Razz

Darkenmal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hotspot Shield

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Interesting:

Quote from site:
100% Security Through a VPN

Hotspot Shield creates a virtual private network (VPN) between your laptop or iPhone and our Internet gateway. This impenetrable tunnel prevents snoopers, hackers, ISP’s, from viewing your web browsing activities, instant messages, downloads, credit card information or anything else you send over the network. Hotspot Shield security application is free to download, employs the latest VPN technology, and is easy to install and use.

So go ahead - Get behind the Shield - Try Hotspot Shield today!

Its the VPN idea continued..
Though i still think the main waeakness is the username/password on your hard line.
ISP's still use user accounts to establish the actual connection.
However a shield/vpn like this combined with a form of Phreaking (explained if u click on it) should be a nice awnser
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkenmal on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Peanutt010 wrote:Interesting:

Quote from site:
100% Security Through a VPN

Hotspot Shield creates a virtual private network (VPN) between your laptop or iPhone and our Internet gateway. This impenetrable tunnel prevents snoopers, hackers, ISP’s, from viewing your web browsing activities, instant messages, downloads, credit card information or anything else you send over the network. Hotspot Shield security application is free to download, employs the latest VPN technology, and is easy to install and use.

So go ahead - Get behind the Shield - Try Hotspot Shield today!

Its the VPN idea continued..
Though i still think the main waeakness is the username/password on your hard line.
ISP's still use user accounts to establish the actual connection.
However a shield/vpn like this combined with a form of Phreaking (explained if u click on it) should be a nice awnser

If you wipe out your username/password, cookies, and history combined with hotspot shield you should be safe.

Darkenmal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Thats not what i mean.

I work at a ISP

And your modem still connects to your ISP using a username and pass. Giving your connection access to the network access server.
Its all account based. And has nothing to do with your browser.
This is how you get disconnected if you dont pay your bill. They block your username
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkenmal on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 pm

Peanutt010 wrote:Thats not what i mean.

I work at a ISP

And your modem still connects to your ISP using a username and pass. Giving your connection access to the network access server.
Its all account based. And has nothing to do with your browser.
This is how you get disconnected if you dont pay your bill. They block your username

Do you know of any way to bypass this? Some secret voodoo?

Darkenmal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peanutt010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:59 pm

only vodoo i know would be the phreaking stuff... but that is some ancient stuff
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phreaking
Peanutt010
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calvorin on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:49 pm

I started using the shield. I'm sure it's not completely secure, but anything that helps is worth it.

calvorin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkenmal on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:01 pm

calvorin wrote:I started using the shield. I'm sure it's not completely secure, but anything that helps is worth it.

Good job on using "the shield" lol.

Darkenmal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top